08 September 2011

The Boyfriend Watch

I’m in the market for a new watch. My current one, Nixon’s The Small Playa, has served me well for nearly four years now. It’s everything I love in a watch; large, silver, men’s, too big for me, minimalistic, polished look. It’s also got a black face, which I am partial to, but it’s not essential.
Checking all of these boxes, my Nixon and I have a great relationship. But, once again, a day at The Weekly has me lusting after some new items. Specifically:

I love this Marc by Marc Jacobs watch. I feel it’s more of an updated, feminine version of my current watch, whilst still retaining that hint of masculinity. Plus, the way I wear my watch halfway up my arm accentuates the “boyfriend watch” feel.


Although it's a stray from my usual preferences, I also came across this red Adidas watch and was immediately drawn to it. I love the bright colour combined with its large size. Although I’m sure I’d never purchase it; it has more of a sporty feel than the rest of my wardrobe, I can’t see how it would apply.

Here are some fabulous other boyfriend-style timepieces that might take your fancy.

Michael Kors silver oversized runway watch


Billabong boyfriend watch in charcoal


Roxy the marco leather watch


Fossil maddox analogue champagne dial


Nixon chronicle watch in black saddle


Nixon private SS watch - raw steel


Nixon the mariner watch in brass


Marc by Marc Jacobs large blade watch


Billabong boyfriend watch in black


Billabong boyfriend watch in silver


Adidas silicone cambridge watch in silver


Invest in a boyfriend watch today to liven up any outfit. Add an edgy touch to a polished or preppy look. Highlight the masculine feel when wearing a boyfriend blazer or jeans with an aptly named time piece. Or make your outfit the canvas for your boyfriend watch by wearing something plain, like a black maxi dress.

Miranda x

No comments:

Post a Comment